Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Evolution of Windows

I have just completed watching a video which showed the way Microsoft Windows has changed throughout the years. It was amazing! The first version was very simplistic. You could see the individual pixels which made the view look very boxy. It was command driven and more complicated to use. As it progressed through the years, Microsoft Windows has become advanced. So advanced, that the picture quality is phenomenal! You navigate through it with your mouse using windows, task bars, shortcut keys. It definitely gets better with each version that is presented. Take Darwin's theory of Human Evolution... That is what this video reminded me of. There is a picture of an ape literally evolving, showing the changes throughout years that is associated with Darwin's Theory. This video was like a technological version of his theory except (OBVIOUSLY) that the evolution is proven. As I watched this video, I kept saying to myself, "Hey! I remember when it used to be like that! OH! Then too!" Microsoft Windows has changed so much, and each time, there are more benefits and easier ways to do things and more options for doing things. One example is, Windows used to have "Note Pad" but now we have that, document processor, and Microsoft Office Word. It is evolving along with our technological world! AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. interesting comparison, i enjoyed reading your interpretation. although i am alittle shaken by your comment that Darwin's theory of evolution isn't proven.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I stated that for the religious aspect of it... I didn't want to get into that debate so I just put that in there to avoid any problems... apparently it didn't work with you lol

    ReplyDelete