Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Digital Age, Bruh!

The digital age has affected my life so much. I can remember watching Saved By the Bell and Zack Morris had one of those huge cell phones with the really long antenna. Now I'm carrying around an Iphone.

Computers were so basic, we used "snail mail", the internet was just starting to become popular. We used paper agendas to keep track of our schedules. Homework was submitted on paper. Now we have all these machines that do it for us. For instance, my Iphone. I keep my agenda, set my alarm, set reminders, call people, text message people, send and receive e-mails, and even read books! I have no idea what I would do if all of those things weren't conveniently placed in one small, technological device. I can access any of those things with just the touch of my finger. It's almost as if I have the world at my fingertips in a sense.

If I take decent photos with my phone, I go to the Kodak kiosk at walmart and print those pictures out via Bluetooth. Who would have thought we would be able to transfer files wirelessly?!

The digital age has greatly improved the operations of businesses. You can use handheld devices to keep inventory and inventory location. Communication within businesses is much less aggravating. All you do is simply send an e-mail requesting or giving information. The last place I worked at even had company chat so we were able to quickly assist each other while multitasking on the telephone and other computer programs.

The digital age is truly amazing. I swear I would be lost without all the digital advances we have now... Good thing my Iphone comes equipped with a GPS!

Haha. Good one, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment